Sunday, June 3

Step on it.








My front garden is very simple with low growing hedging box plants and a couple of patches of flat mulch. The mulch is fine as it allows the rain to penetrate into the ground and water the plants around it.I have been thinking about amping up the style and filling the mulch voids with some large format pavers and planting some low growing plants in between.
I found these images that gave me some inspiration...
I like this idea as environmentally it allows water to go in between each paver. Don't rule out using pebbles in between pavers either. Pebbles can act as a mulch by retaining moister in the ground and suppress weeds.
I plan on using the pavers  hand made at Serenity Nursery, they are 500mmx 500mm which is a large format paver and looks great in a small space.
Low growing plants that work well in between pavers:
Dichondra
Creeping Thyme
Dwarf mondo grass
Liriope
Trailing Succulents
Baby tears

No comments:

Post a Comment